If you have ever attended a yoga class you will recognise these little gems. Chakras are said to be energy centres that align the body from the base of the spine to the crown of the head and beyond if you count the auric field. They offer the perfect balance within the body for tapping the wisdom within. As a lover of meditation and yoga, developing a series of chakra designs was too irresistible. I chose watercolour as the medium because it beautifully represents the translucent nature of each chakra & its hidden power and light.
“Life is a balance of holding and letting go”
I used the assigned colour and meaning of each chakra as my inspiration to create eight different panels :
- First Chakra – located at the base of spine, this chakra represents our survival and protection instincts and its colour is red.
- Second Chakra – located at the sacral plexus/reproductive organs, this chakra represents our connection to our emotions and our creativity and its colour is orange.
- Third Chakra – located at the solar plexus or base of the rib cage, this chakra represents our connection to our own personal power and the ability to go with the flow. Its colour is yellow.
- Fourth Chakra – located at the heart, this chakra is seen as the balance point to connect the lower and upper chakras and represents our relationships with others. Its colour is green.
- Fifth Chakra – located at the throat, this chakra is blue in colour and represents speaking and hearing our Truth.
- Sixth Chakra – located between the eyebrows or ‘third eye’ point, this chakra represents our identity, intuition and its colour is indigo.
- Seventh Chakra – located at the crown of the head, this chakra is said to represent our spiritual connection.
- Eighth Chakra – located at the auric or electromagnetic field that surrounds the body, this chakra is said to radiate energy like a halo and its colour is white.